Party Bugs is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy. Please take the time to review this notice, which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
Who are we?
Party Bugs is the auxiliary company name of the Finnish company Crickets Online Oy.
The managing director of the company is Pasi P. Porkka.
The VAT number of the company is FI29044322.
Our website address is https://www.partybugs.com.
Pasi P. Porkka
c/o Crickets Online Oy
Opastinsilta 8 A
You can also use the contact forms on this site.
What personal data we collect, and why we collect it?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our site (e.g., your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our site (e.g., credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g., if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g., which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our site; and
- Other information necessary to provide the site; for example, we may access your location if you give us your consent.
- Suppose you also shop in one of our stores or buy directly from us. In that case, we may combine information you give us in-store or in a direct sales situation (e.g., if you make a purchase or join our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may use the information we receive through contact forms in the ways described below.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We share customers’ personal data with other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the site.
- We share customers’ personal data with our suppliers and service providers working for us (e.g., payment processors and delivery companies).
- We share customers’ personal data with our professional and legal advisors.
- We share customers’ personal data with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- We share customers’ personal data with law enforcement or other governmental authorities (e.g., reporting fraud or responding to a lawful request).
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. In that way, we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you. The report includes any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. However, we cannot erase any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and request the erasure of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for specific purposes, including sending you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ below for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights following applicable law. However, please be aware that there are many limitations to these rights. There may be circumstances where we cannot comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data or any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Where we send your data?
An automated spam detection service may check visitor comments.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- We may use your personal data to fulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- We may use your personal data to manage and respond to any queries or complaints addressed to our customer service team.
- We may use your personal data to personalize the site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in based on your account information, purchase history, and browsing activity.
- We may use your personal data to improve and maintain the site and monitor its usage.
- We may use your personal data for market research (e.g., we may contact you for feedback about our products).
- We may use your personal data to send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- We may use your personal data for security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- We may use your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- We process your personal data because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps before entering into a contract with you (e.g., where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your order).
- We process your personal data, because we have obtained your consent (e.g., where you contact us with a query, add optional information to your account profile, or consent to receiving marketing from us).
- We process your personal data, because it is our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the site, to make it more exciting and relevant regarding the products and offers on view.
Our site may allow you the option of adding additional information to your account profile. We treat this information with particular sensitivity. We understand it can reveal information about your health or ethnicity, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us and can delete it or update it at any time.
We love to communicate with our customers, and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone, or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity and other information we hold about you.
Suppose you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!). In that case, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time. Contacting may concern, e.g., order and delivery confirmations and information about your legal rights.
You may also see ads for our site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, enabling us to serve ads to customers who have visited our site). You may see an advertisement on social media because we have engaged the social network to show our customers’ ads. We may also want to show ads to users who match our customers’ demographic profile. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads, you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
Storage and retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights regarding your data than you do under local law. Suppose we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area. In that case, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that appropriate safeguards, in particular, the EU’s standard contractual clauses, adequately protect your privacy rights. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. So this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax, and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example, if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that we will record your email address where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications. We do that to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
How we protect your data?
While we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected from our site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information transmitted to our site.